Monday 25 June 2012

Meal planning Monday: The moving edition



Well it's finally come around, M and I are moving in together; first to my house and then, together to a place of our own. We've been unofficially living together since November 2010, either at my place or his, and these days it's rare to spend more than the odd night for work apart. I think the fact that I've happily given up my oft protected, and much loved personal space is an idictment of how strongly I feel about him and about us. That all sounds lovely but as yet, we've not found a place to live together which is starting to rack up the anxiety for us both.

And so, this week holds many, many boxes, a few days working a way for me, and obviously meals that are quick and easy.

Breakfasts: I've been eating yoghurt with a sprinklying of grape nuts, a banana and the ubiquitous mug of tea. M has and will continue to have cereal and toast.

Lunches: Despite the weather, my lunches have been salad with either ham, chicken or salmon, and fruit. I've been snacking during the day on more fruit and some mini babybels. Not the sort of cheese I usually eat, but incredibly convenient for packed lunches. M has sandwiches, crisps, a cereal bar, mini babybel, and sausage rolls. I've also hugely upped my water intake which has had the most amazing effect on my energy levels. So it's all good.

Dinners:

I'm away Monday and Tuesday nights - and as our training venue has moved will be partaking of dinners at the B&B I'm booked into. I'll be sure to report back.

Monday: M has leftover cheesy pasta with courgettes and broad beans. It was supposed to be a take on courgetti spaghetti with the addition of broad beans, but despite popping to Sainsburys I managed to forget both the chilli and the pine nuts, so adapted it hurriedly.

Tuesday: Is it bad to say I have no idea? There's plenty in the freezer, that M can help himself to and my brain won't extend to Tuesday at the moment.

Wednesday: I'll be just back from Poole, so am going to try the Sharwood's tikka wrap kit with chicken, and lots of veggies. If it's spicy I'll do some raita with it, using my beloved Total 0% fat Greek yoghurt



Thursday: I'm out at a neighbours and Mark is at Welsh so it's a night off for both of us.

Friday: We're finishing off as much of the packing as possible so that we can blitz the cleaning on Saturday. I think we'll admit defeat and get a chinese takeaway.

Saturday: We have M's parents with us to help with the last of the move, so I think I'll do something simple like sausages, baked potatoes and veg

Sunday: If I'm still feeding the family, then it'll be roast chicken with all the trimmings as that gives us (as always) leftovers.

This will actually mean that I don't really need to do a shop this week, which is a huge blessing as I just don't know where I'd find the time!

Be sure to hop over to At home with Mrs M to see what everyone's up to.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Good luck with the move. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye